Tube transport chains
Tubes and other thin-walled hollow containers are especially reliant on gentle handling and safe transport through several manufacturing processes, such as cleaning, painting or drying. Our solution: iwis high performance chains – roller chains with corrosion-resistant, easy to change attachments.
iwis tube conveyor chains are constructed on the basis of JWIS precision chains with especially wear-resistant SL pins, so they have an above-average service life. As an alternative, maintenance-free MEGAlife or side bow chain versions are also possible. The adapters and transport bars, made from high-alloy rustproof steel grades with good elastic properties, are available with different bar ends or protective heads made of aluminium or plastic. The transport bars can be placed at any desired interval, allowing even greater flexibility for every application and various tube sizes.
- The bars are pinched on to the extended pins of the base chain using an adapter and secured by fins to prevent twisting
- The bar can be changed quickly and easily if a repair is needed by breading open the adapter with the iwis special tool (see illustration)
- Transport bars can be changed easily on site using the special iwis tool provided; no need to break the chain or remove it from the machine
- Adapter and bars made of highly alloyed, corrosion-resistant steels with good elastic characteristics
- iwis standard roller chains with particular wear-resistant SL-pins are used, so longer service life in comparison with hollow pin chains
- Transport bars available in required lengths with 1mm graduations
- Different shapes for bar ends avaiable – for example protection heads made of aluminium or plastic
- Freely selectable distance between the bars
- 1/2”, 5/8” und 3/4” also available in curved side design (only ANSI)
- Basic chains also available in maintenance free version (MEGAlife)
Further technical information can be found in our Tube chain product flyer.
Categories that may be of interest to you
Gentle handling processes for tube conveying
iwis tube conveyor chains are used wherever tubes and other thin-walled containers are conveyed, cleaned, painted or dried.
Tube conveyor chains can be delivered to individual customer specifications in various sizes and material versions and with numerous different bar end geometries.