Pinghu, June 21st 2018: Together with local government delegates, public authorities and representatives of customers and suppliers from all over the globe, iwis officially opened its new engine systems plant in Pinghu,
With 8,000 sqm of production space and close to 100 employees, iwis has been able to complete several projects for the automotive industry in Asia in the last years, our strong global growth has made this investment possible.
iwis can produce, assemble and provide the majority of the components for automotive timing drives locally in China. The Sales and Purchasing Departments, as well as excellent Quality Management ensures that customers are always delivered only the very best for their money. This continues in the tradition which was begun in 1898 by the founder of iwis, Johann Baptist Winklhofer and remains the standard of the company & employees today.
iwis has received several awards both by customers and the authorities due to the high-tech level of its products and technologies. In the coming years, the intention is to gradually build up the capacity in order to be able to manufacture for Chinese and international automotive brands.
iwis is the world market leader for innovative and cost effective timing systems based on precision chains. Almost all automotive manufacturers worldwide are supplied with more than 60.000 systems every day via the Munich and Landsberg plants. In addition to the automotive industry, iwis also supplies the worldwide machine and system construction with precision roller chains. Applications are found in the printing and paper industry, in the packaging industry and conveyor technology as well as in general mechanical engineering and the agricultural machinery industry.
Founded in 1916, the family business is now managed by Mr. Johannes Winklhofer in the fourth generation.
iwis has a global workforce of more than 2,000 and has set itself the goal of achieving sales of 465 million euros in 2018. Besides its production plants in Germany (Munich, Landsberg, Wilnsdorf, Sontra, Neugablonz and Rieden) and in China, the USA and the Czech Republic, it has subsidiaries in various European and overseas countries, including Brazil, UK, France, India, Italy, Canada, Korea, Switzerland, Singapore and South Africa. iwis is represented at a total of 45 locations worldwide.
iwis is a leading supplier of precision chain systems for drive and conveyor applications and is now active in the following areas:
- iwis motorsysteme GmbH & Co. KG makes chains and timing drives for the automotive industry.
- iwis antriebssysteme GmbH & Co. KG manufactures precision roller chains and conveyor chains for industrial applications, including machine and plant engineering, packaging and printing, the food industry and conveyor technology.
- iwis systemtechnik GmbH produces high-precision punched and bended parts and shielded housings for various industries.
- Unimet Group has extensive expertise in the field of high-precision sheet metalworking, stamping and bending, in particular in electrical connection technology, press-fit technology, IDC insulation displacement contacts and MCS contact technology.
- THIEN eDrives GmbH: e-mobility and electric motors
Contact for press:
Joh. Winklhofer Beteiligungs GmbH & Co. KG
Tel.: +49 (0)89 76909 1111