Double pitch chains are based on the single pitch chains constructed according to ISO 606; except for the pitch, they meet the same standard specifications with respect to their dimensions. As opposed to short pitch chains constructed to standard ISO 606, these chains are intended for use in conditions in which demands on speed and power transmission are lower. The principle difference being that the plates of double pitch roller chains – as the name implies – are twice the length of the plates fitted to standard roller chains.
ELITE roller chains have a high wear resistance and significantly higher fatigue strength than the standard requires. The right choice for industrial applications: robust and reliable. All ELITE transmission roller chains are highly pre-tensioned and treated with our special additive chain oil eliDUR+, a high-tech initial lubricant. Non-drip eliDUR+ offers not only the added advantage of improved running characteristics, but also provides better corrosion protection.
- Wide range of products
- Dimensions according to ISO 1275
- Versions with small rollers and transport rollers available
- All ELITE chain plates are manufactured using processes such as fine blanking and ball-drifting, so a particularly high contact ratio is guaranteed
- Solid, case hardened rollers with good wear resistance
- ELITE pins are smooth and have an extra hard surface for increased wear resistance
Additional ELITE benefits
- Corrosion-resistant versions supplied on request
- Sprockets available on request
ELITE chain type designation
The key to chain type designations for double pitch roller chains is as follows:
- The digit 2 denotes doubling or double pitch plus designation of the corresponding standard
- Conveyor technology
- Mechanical engineering and systems construction