Double pitch chains are based on the single pitch chains constructed according to ISO 606; except for the pitch, they meet the same standard specifications with respect to their dimensions. As opposed to short pitch chains constructed to standard ISO 606, these chains are intended for use in conditions in which demands on speed and power transmission are lower. The principle difference being that the plates of double pitch roller chains – as the name implies – are twice the length of the plates fitted to standard roller chains.
JWIS Roller chains are characterised by an above-average service life due to excellent wear resistance, high consistency, matchless precision and a considerably higher breaking strength and fatigue strength than required by ISO standard. All iwis chains are pre-stretched and are provided with a highly efficient initial lubrication.
iwis SL series chains (Super Longlife) have pins with an extremely hard surface. This special design shows outstanding characteristics: Highest wear resistance, a prolonged service life, high breaking and fatigue strength, low susceptibility to deficient operational lubrication, corrosion and frictional corrosion in the chain links.
- Only high-quality heat-treated and case-hardened steel is used with stringent specifications for materials analysis, tolerances and surface quality
- Each chain part is manufactured a million times daily to the same precision and is monitored using SPC (statistical process control)
- All chain parts are heat-treated, in some cases using special processes to optimize quality characteristics
- Modern production technologies ensure consistent geometry and superior surface quality
- Chains are checked for dimensional accuracy, length tolerance and flexibility, plus for the press fit joins on pins, outer plates and bush, and inner plate
- Our high quality assurance standards comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2006
- For special applications: surface coatings, special lubricants, special materials (e.g. corrosion-resistant)
- Conveyor technology
- Mechanical engineering and systems construction